Zane R. Gard, DC
Dr. Gard has been improving (saving! restoring!) people’s quality of life for more than 16 years with personalized chiropractic care.
He brings years of experience, education, and ongoing training to help each person and address his/her unique situation. Dr. Gard’s training and professional experience include:
- Graduate of University of Western States
- A clinical instructor for Activator Methods International.
- Adjunct faculty for the University of Western States as clinical instructor for the Activator Technique
- Certified in Applied Kinesiology and has served as a teaching assistant (with more than 800 training hours) for the Portland Area Applied Kinesiology Certification Course
- Advance Certification on Whiplash and Brain Injury Traumatology (Graduates of this program have received the most in-depth, science-based training available today. The program covers the entire spectrum from the physics of motor-vehicle crashes to human biomechanics to diagnostics and management.)
- Certified in Kennedy Decompression Technique. (Read more at kennedytechnique.com).
- Certified in Active Therapeutic Movement (ATM2™).
- Candidate for Masters in Traditional Oriental Medicine, Acupuncture, Electro-acupuncture and Darkfield/Phase Contrast Microscopy
- Member of the International Chiropractic Association, American Chiropractic Association, the International College of Applied Kinesiology, the Oregon Chiropractic Association, and American Mensa.
Surrounded by medical doctors and osteopaths from a young age, Dr. Gard observed early the practical benefits of chiropractic care—including restoring people’s quality of life. When you talk with Dr. Gard, you’ll often hear him say that he “saves lives through the power of chiropractic care.”
Dr. Gard officially started his holistic healthcare journey and subsequent training in 1982. Today, he maintains over 100 hours per year of continuing education in courses covering applied kinesiology, advanced adjusting techniques, nutrition, herbology, and internal medicine.
To meet each person’s needs, Dr. Gard has trained in and provides a blend of numerous chiropractic approaches and techniques to give you the most effective solutions. He also enjoys educating people and providing them with practical steps to improve their health.
Dr. Gard leads a skilled team at Walker Road Chiropractic in Beaverton, Oregon, which is near the larger city of Portland. Dr. Gard also lives in Beaverton with his wife and their two daughters. In his spare time, he serves on the board of directors for the Columbia Aviation Association, where he loves to share and enjoy his passion for aviation.
Amy C. Pohle, DC
Dr. Pohle had been interested in healthcare since a young age. She realized her passion for Chiropractic in high school after seeing her mother’s miraculous recovery under the care of a chiropractor. Unable to stand up straight or walk without assistance, it was a chiropractor who got her back on her feet. Inspired by this, Dr. Pohle began her journey to become a chiropractic physician. She pursued her education with the goal of wanting to help others in a lasting way.
Dr. Pohle graduated cum laude with dual bachelor degrees from Eastern Kentucky University. Shortly after, she moved to California to begin her Chiropractic studies at Southern California University of Health Sciences. It was in chiropractic school where Dr. Pohle observed the specificity and lasting results of the Activator Technique. Using the Activator, Dr. Pohle gets to the root of the problem unique to each individual.
Dr. Pohle joined Walker Road Chiropractic’s team as an Associate Chiropractor. Through teaching patients and recommending practical steps to improve their health, she works to improve the lives of her patients by using chiropractic adjustments, mindfulness, nutrition and promoting physical activity. Dr. Pohle lives in Beaverton with her husband. In her spare time she enjoys photography, and cooking.